Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Hurricane Katrina and dear New Orleans

Working on "Cemetery Walk" led me to meet many wonderful people. Some of these people are from New Orleans and the surrounding area. I am so worried about all of them and their family and other loved ones.

I did look up author Deborah LeBlanc's Web site (www.deborahleblanc.com) and checked her blog. She is okay. She was in New York when it happened. Her family, though, was in Lafayette. They are all fine, and she has been driving and driving endless hours to get to them before continuing her book tour. Thank goodness you are all right, Deb.

Ericka and Ryan, who I know through the Grave-L Yahoo group also checked in with the list. They are in Baton Rouge and are okay. They finally got power back. Ryan's parents are with them. They live in New Orleans. Ericka says they will be allowed in NOLA Monday to gather their belongings and see what is left of their home. Then they won't be allowed back in for a month. I can't imagine. I just can't imagine.

I am still praying that Rob Florence and his family are safe as well as Priestess Miriam and her family.

To all of you in the South who have been affected by this devastation, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I wish I could make this better.

Minda

www.TheCemeteryClub.com

No comments: